(upbeat music) ♪ We’re taking things
you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And making crafts you can do yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ DIY, that stands for ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ What are we gonna make today ♪ ♪ A sock puppet ♪ ♪ Hooray ♪ (all laughing)
(dog barking) – Today, Elmo, Abby, and
I are making sock puppets, like this sock puppy.
(Elmo and Abby laughing) – Oh, yeah!
– Ruff, ruff, ruff, ruff! – Hi there, puppy! (Nina slurps) Oh! (laughs)
– Woof, hiya! – Hello, doggie! – Hi, Elmo.
– (laughs) Yeah, and you can make one, too. Follow along with us. – Let’s get crafty. To make a sock puppy, you’ll
need socks, felt, cardboard. For cardboard, we’re gonna
be using an old cereal box. Googly eyes, a ruler, glue
gun, scissors, and pom poms. Step one, pick sock
bodies for your puppies. – (laughs) Oh, okay, Elmo
wants Elmo’s sock puppy body to be the color, oh, oh, oh, yellow! – (laughs) all right.
– And I want mine to have the spots. – Ooh, nice.
– Yeah. – All right, step two. We’re going to give our puppies mouths. (Abby gasps)
– Oh, yeah, so they can say woof,
woof, woof, woof, woof! (Nina laughs)
– And (howls). – First thing we’re gonna
do is we’re gonna grab a roll of tape–
– Uh-huh. – And we’re gonna draw a
circle on our cardboard, which is actually a cereal box. – All right.
– Give it a try. (cheerful music) Nice work.
– Yeah! (laughs) – All right, now we’re gonna cut it out. – Be sure to ask an adult to help you cut out the circles. (laughs) – Will you help us cut out the circles? – Of course.
– Please! – Of course, of course. – So good to–
– All right, so now we’re gonna snip, snip around, and then we’re gonna keep going. (upbeat music)
(dog barks) And now we have a circle. (Abby gasps)
– Yeah! – We fold the circle in
half just like this, fold. So now we’re gonna line up our mouth– – Mm-hmm.
– Our little circle, straight line here, you
see that straight line? – Mm-hmm.
– You’re gonna line it up with the line over here,
the seam of the sock. – Uh-huh.
– Yeah. – Then we’ll put glue on the mouth. – Mm-hmm.
– And be sure to cover the whole circle with glue, okay? – Oh, remember to ask an adult to help you use the hot glue gun ’cause
it gets hot, baby! (laughs) – Press into the sock and
smooth it out just like that. Now we just let it dry. – Mm.
– What shall we do while we wait? – Let’s dance, whoo! (upbeat music) – All right, so now that
our sock puppies are dry, we’re gonna turn the sock inside out. – Whoo!
– Yeah, and watch. – Okay.
– Here we go. – And voila!
– Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! – Look, there it is, there it is! – Look, it’s a puppy mouth! – There it is!
– The puppy mouth! – (laughs) All right,
it’s time for step three. Decorate our puppies. What do we need to make our
sock puppies look like puppies? – Oh, eyes! – Ears!
– Oh, and a tongue. – And a (sniffs), nose! – Yes, yes, yes.
– Nose, right! (laughs) – Yes, all right.
– Yeah! – So I’ve gone ahead and
cut out some doggie tongues out of this pink felt. – Oh, cool!
– So here you go. You can have one, I’ll take one. (Abby slurps)
And then you can have one. – Thank you!
– I also cut out some doggie ears from
all of these felt colors. – Oh, pretty.
– Right? All right, so let’s see, what colors do you want for your ears? – Oh, Elmo would like purple, please. – Okay, Elmo you can have the purple. – Thank you.
– I’ll take the pink. Abby, what do you want? – Um, I think I would
like an orange and a blue. – Oh, okay.
– One orange, one blue. – One orange, one blue, I love it. So what eyes do you want
your puppy to have, huh? – Oh, oh, oh, oh, Elmo
loves the pink ones. – Oh, those are good.
– Okay. – I like those big ones on the top part. – Oh, okay.
– Yeah. – We’ll use a glue gun
to stick everything on. (upbeat music) Ta-da, we have sock puppies!
– Ta-da! (laughs) – Ruff, ruff!
– Ruff! – Elmo’s puppy is called Jack. – Oh.
– Oh, oh, woof woof woof woof! – Mine’s name is Newhart. – Oh! (laughs)
– Rawr rawr! – Woof, ruff, ruff, ruff! (laughs) Thanks for making sock puppies with me and my little crafters over here. We hope you had fun making a sock puppy. (dog barks)
(upbeat music) ♪ We took things you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And made a craft that we did ourselves ♪ ♪ We did, did, did it ourselves ♪ ♪ We did, did, did it ourselves ♪ ♪ It was fun making something new ♪ ♪ With all of you ♪ (all laughing)
– Bye bye! – Bye, adios. ♪ We’re taking things
you can find on a shelf ♪ ♪ And making crafts you can do yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪ ♪ DIY, that stands for ♪ ♪ Do, do, do it yourself ♪